This blog is now part of a new practice called The Superhero's Way, more at the bottom of the page...but we still love MAGIC!

Magic is the everyday realization of those moments of "Oh wow!" we expect from fiction and films, when we see something we wish would be true in our own lives. Magic means we don't have to wish anymore...

You is something you DO, not believe!


Magic is the thing that makes us tingle, lights our fire, or comes to mind like a breath of fresh air. It opens your heart.


What is your favorite thing? How it makes you feel is what magic feels like.


Magic is not waiting for something to happen because you made a wish. It’s more like making the wish and living according to it at the same time. http://beauartsltd.blogspot.com/2016/12/magic-magical-thinking-and-story-about.html


Magic is all around us. We are not accustomed to saying that because we rarely slow down to notice the wonders created by nature, human ingenuity, or both.

Magic is a purposeful exchange of energy, not a power or an accident. We all make magic everyday, the learning is to embrace it!



Saturday, August 20, 2016

A plea for peace that found me...

There is a tree in Prospect Park, a venerable Plane Tree, that resonates with something deep in my soul.


I have visited many times before, but today was different. Passing some old loading docks for the use of those who maintain the park, in the corner of my eye they seemed to be in another time, evoking flashes of flags and horses, clashing noises, darker sensations I cannot put into words... I was sensing war.

Shaking off the shadows I found the tree, and perching on the base decided to surf the web and see if anything had been written that could tell me its age and story. I was the only person nearby, so was startled by the sudden sound of steps crunching leaves and twigs behind me. I turned swiftly but saw no one...

Shortly, I heard more twigs cracking, rustling, and the sound of objects falling around me, but saw nothing. Silently asking "Who are you?" and thinking it prudent to move on before a falling object struck me, I got up and walked over to a path leading east, stopping first to read an article about Brooklyn history that had finally loaded on my phone.

What I found was not about the tree, but about war. One week from today is the 240th anniversary of the Battle of Brooklyn, which was fought in an around the land that is now the Park. I read of the great sacrifice of the soldiers known as the Maryland 400, who gave their lives right here holding a line against forces hired by the British, so the rest of the the American troops could escape. And I can't help but wonder if the tree saw it all... and played a part in showing it to me.

War is a horror, It was then, it is now, and I am at a loss for understanding why it still exists. As humans, we are capable of growth, change and evolution, Let's take a moment to be silent, remember all those who were lost, and open our hearts to our fellow beings in pain because of war.

And never close them again until we end it, speaking our truth wherever it will be heard.

It's a start. Together we can learn, grow, and do this. It is the only way.

Namaste.

[author's note - this blog is purposed to communicate the place of spirit in my life, how I have made it a larger part of my purpose and work in recent months, and reach out to those who wish to share what I have learned. Was not planning to launch today and certainly was thinking to begin with something of a more introductory nature, but given that my practice is largely based on attention to what I am receiving in the moment, this is perfect. Feedback is most welcome but please send by email!-- Linda]